January 1 , 2023
RIVE (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://rive.co website (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data (defined below) when you use our Site and the choices you have associated with that data.
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any type of communication we send.
We may also collect information on how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
We use “cookies” and similar tracking technologies such as beacons, tags, and scripts to track Site activity in order to:
- improve the performance of our Site,
- enable us to collect information about how users use the Site,
- improve users experience on our Site,
- deliver relevant online advertising to you both on our Sites and elsewhere, and/or
- measure the effectiveness of our online advertising and marketing communications
“Cookies” are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Strictly necessary Cookies – These Cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. They are essential for you to navigate around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these Cookies, certain Site service functions cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies – These Cookies collect information on the pages visited. They collect information about how users use a website, for instance which pages users go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve how the Site functions.
- Functionality Cookies – These Cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. They allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to help provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these Cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity to other websites.
- Targeting cookies or advertising Cookies – These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising and special offers relevant to you and your interests.
- You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or some Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Our use of Collected Data
We use the collected data for various purposes including:
- to provide and maintain our Site
- to notify you about changes to our Site
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so
- to provide customer support
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- to monitor the usage of our Site
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues
- to contact you with job announcements, information relating to jobs that you are booked for
- to provide you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, special offers, programs and information about that may be of interest to you, unless you have opted not to receive such information
- to respond to specific inquiries, you have concerning the Site or our services.
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
- Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your Personal Data in good faith if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- protect and defend our rights or property
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us however, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Site is intended to provide information to our business clients, job applicants, and employees. You understand and agree that information collected about you is solely within the context of (i) your role as an employee, job applicant, owner, director, officer, or contractor or (ii) our conducting due diligence regarding, the Site and/or the provision of services by us or received from you.
We collect Personal Data directly from California residents themselves, including our employees’ and other individuals’ emergency contacts and beneficiaries from such employees as well as from publicly available databases and third-party sources of information.
We collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Identifiers, such as name and government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number);
- Personal information, as defined in the California safeguards law, including without limitation, name, signature, SSN, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including without limitation, age, gender, medical conditions, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, color, religion or creed, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, citizenship, primary language, immigration status, military/veteran status, political affiliation/activities, domestic violence victim status, and request for leave.
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our websites;
- Geolocation data, such as device location;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call and video recordings;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, such as student records and directory information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Data listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
- We may use this Personal Data to operate, manage, and maintain our business, for our employment purposes, and to otherwise accomplish our business purposes and objectives. Our business purposes and objectives include, for example, developing and improving our services and programs for our employees; conducting research, analytics, and data analysis; maintaining our facilities and infrastructure; undertaking quality and safety assurance measures; conducting risk and security controls and monitoring; detecting and preventing fraud; performing identity verification; performing accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; complying with law, legal process, and internal policies; maintaining records; and exercising and defending legal claims.
- We may share such Personal Data with third parties, such as our service providers and affiliates, to help execute and or fulfill our business purposes and objectives.
- We have not “sold” (and have no intentions to sell) Personal Data for purposes of the CCPA. For purposes of this Section and the CCPA, “sold” or “sale” means the disclosure of Personal Data for monetary or other valuable consideration but does not include, for example, the transfer of Personal Data as an asset that is part of a merger, bankruptcy, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business.
- We also will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise your CCPA rights.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- we need to perform a contract with you
- you have given us permission to do so
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- to comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where We relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint with the European supervisory authority regarding any breach of the European data protection rules. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site (“Site Providers”), provide the Site on our behalf, perform Site-related Sites or assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
- These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Site Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site. Including-
- Hubspot: Hubspot is a CRM software that enables us to better organize data, optimize our Site and provide services that relevant and responsive to our users. You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Site available to Hubspot by instructing your browser to refuse all Cookies or some Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.For more information on the privacy practices of Hubspot please visit https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: email@example.com